CUSTOM PRINTED WHITEBOARDS:
Every week we are able to put one project in for manufacturing in a couple hours and another project goes to manufacturing 6 to 12 months after we get the job. What’s the difference? The PROCESS of determining exactly what the customer wants can be very difficult – often because the PROCESS is not understood. So let’s simply and clarify the steps to creating a custom printed whiteboard.
Step 1: What is the Purpose of the custom whiteboard?
- Do you want to communicate, track, teach, or some combination?
- Who will be expected to “fill in the blanks”?
- We mean ALWAYS (or at least 95% of the time)
- Remember: “BAD INFORMATION IS A LOT WORSE THAN NO INFORMATION”
Step 2: What content do you want on your board?
- What ABSOLUTELY has to be on the board?
- Who needs to be able to see what’s on the board?
- How far from the board are they when they are reading it? Classroom; patient room?
- Going to our website is also a great way to get a sample layout or idea for your board, as chances are we have done something similar to what you’re looking for in the past! This is a good starting point!
- Questions? We can help! Always ask when unsure!
Step 3: Get an Accurate Quote – Please provide…
- Size – we can quote a couple sizes
- Quantity: any number is OK!
- Magnetic or Non-Magnetic?
- Frame: Do you want an aluminum frame, plastic frame? No Frame?
- Design/Layout – Do you want a plain white board or a printed one?
- Is there more than one layout? For example, you order 4 boards: Do all 4 boards have the same layout? Or do all 4 have different layouts? This is needed to determine any design fees.
- A shipping address or location – this allows us to quote packaging & freight costs
- Any Accessories to add to order?
- Dry Erase Markers?
- Custom Magnets (We do these too!)
- A Tray (for markers)
Step 4: Place the Order – What happens now?
- Art/layout is created
- See our Art Spec Sheet for whats needed
- There is NO charge until YOU are satisfied and approve the layout
- Nothing goes to production until the customer approves the FINAL layout
- Keep in mind, DDS will make as many corrections as needed until its EXACTLY as the customer wants
- Once the Artwork has been signed off on by the customer – your board is sent to Production – YAY!
Step 5: Shipping / Receiving / Install
- We’ll let you know when your board ships
- If it’s on a pallet, it needs to go to a loading dock
- If you don’t have a loading dock, please tell us as additional costs are possible
- If you can carry it (smaller than 36″ x 48″), the trucker will bring it to the back of the truck to hand off to you
- Hardware to install the board will be included. You still need a level and some basic tools. We have installation instructions on our website